Connect PS3 and PS4 Controller on PC Windows 10/8.1/7: Gamers nowadays are shifting from the traditional gaming consoles to using computers as their systems for gaming. During this shift, at times this shift makes them unable to use the keyboard or mouse for gaming purposes as they have been using gaming controllers for too long. One of the prime reasons for this shift lays in the fact that gaming through PC provides them better design and technique unlike the ones available on PS3, PS4 or Xbox. We know that for PC games, the keyboard and mouse are the standard devices for input. As times gamepad is required to play some of the moves, in this case, we need to connect the PS3 and PS4 controller with PC. So let us ease your way into connecting your PS3 and PS4 Controller to you your Windows PC 10/8.1/7.
- 1 Connect PS3 and PS4 Controller on PC Windows 10/8.1/7
Connect PS3 and PS4 Controller on PC Windows 10/8.1/7
What are Gamepads?
- For the video game consoles like PlayStation or Xbox, gamepads are the primary source to input the controls for the games. For personal computers, these games are played by having the keyboard and mouse as the controllers.
- Using gamepads to control your game is way easy than using a keyboard and mouse for the same. One of the reasons for this is the flexible nature of the device which helps to control the racing, sports and fight games.
- For those who one PS3 or PS4 console, it is easier to establish a connection between Windows PC 10/8.1/7 with their PS3 and PS4 controllers.
- This connection is established by using a 32-bit, 64-bit architecture.
About PlayStation controllers
- As we know Xbox gamepads have a tough time reconfiguring a connection on PC, PlayStation controllers have little easy way with the DualShock controllers.
- DualShock 3 controller isn’t compatible for working on Windows with the available official drivers provided by Sony.
- However, DualShock 4 is quite an exception here. PS4 controller is easily compatible with PC through Sony’s wireless adapter. This enables options like PlayStation Now and Remote Play.
Developers have been successful in developing an application which helps us to easily connect the PS3 and PS4 controller to Windows PC compatible. With the help of this application, this connection can also be successfully established without using a Sony wireless adapter.
What is ScpToolkit Application?
- The ScpToolkit application is the genius that smoothly works to connect the PS3 and PS4 controller to Windows 10/8.1/7 and makes them functional swiftly.
- To makes sure that the connection works, a mini-USB cable is used to connect DualShock 3 gamepad to Windows 10/8.1/7.
- A micro-USB is used to connect DualShock 4 gamepad to Windows 10/8.1/7.
- If you need to establish a wireless connection, the best way to do it is using a USB Bluetooth dongle; this will ensure that the Bluetooth adapter will successfully host the connection between controllers and the ScpToolkit application.
- For wireless connections, a DualShock 3 requires USB Bluetooth V2.0, and a DualShock 4 requires Bluetooth V2.1.
How to install the ScpToolkit application?
- To begin the process, visit the developer’s hub (named Nefaruis) on GitHub; this will enable you to download the ScpToolkit app.
- Make sure to download the Beta version because it comes with a considerable amount of bug fixes.
- Download the exe file; after the download is over, start the installation process.
- After the installation process finishes, a main installer message of the application will pop up.
- From that menu, deselect the “Testing & Troubleshooting’’ feature as it won’t be necessary. As uncheck the “Profile Manager’’, after that click on “Install’’.
- Next, click the big green option “Run Driver Installer’’.
The process of installing the PS3 and PS4 controller on Windows PC
- For the new Windows update for Windows 7, it prompts for installation of Xbox 360 driver on your system. Even for Windows 10/8.1, it is important to skip this because Xbox is not required for the matter.
- Once you’re through with this, via USB cable plug your DualShock controller to your Windows PC. Once we plug the gamepad, the system will detect it as an uninitialized DualShock controller. A message will appear for initialization, click on the “Initialize all connected devices” button.
- After the process is over, the DualShock gamepad is now initialized. After this you’re asked if you wish to establish a wireless Bluetooth connection; in case you’re not interested, simply skip the step and click “Next’’. If you want to connect it, just insert a Bluetooth USB and initialize it just like the DualShock controllers.
- Once all these mentioned steps are complete, what remains is installing the Xbox, emulator This will ensure that the official Xbox is configured to support the one already present in your system. Just select installation button and proceed by clicking “Next’’.
- This completes the final step of the full installation process. The very last thing to be done is installing Windows service, with this you’ve successfully done almost every.
All these steps conclude with helping you to connect PS3 and PS4 controller from your PlayStation controllers on Windows. From now on they are configured to work as Xbox controllers. All the PC games are now available to be played using the DualShock controllers.
Where to find ScpToolkit shortcuts?
Once the installation is successful, the application automatically creates four desktop shortcuts. Double-clicking on these shortcuts has their functions.
- ScpToolkit Updater: updates the program periodically
- ScpToolkit Monitor: helps to monitor the wired and wireless communication
- PS Button: Turns on a Bluetooth connection to control DualShock controllers
- L1-R1-PS: Switches off gamepads
- ScpToolkit Driver Installer: To add PS3, PS4 controller or to setup wireless Bluetooth adapter
- ScpToolkit Settings Manager: Many configuration settings can be managed from here
This is how you can use the ScpToolkit application to connect your PS3 and a PS4 controller to be used on Windows PC 10/8.1/7. Apart from these, there are other ways in which you can establish a connection between your PS3 and a PS4 controller to your Windows PC, let’s find out.
Creating a connection with DS4Windows
Currently, PlayStation is restricted for use on PS4 and Windows. With the help of the DS4Windows software, it can be accessed on your computer. All we need is getting hold of the application and boot up the process. This can be established with a DualShock 3 or DualShock 4 controller. Just when the configuration is complete on your PC, PlayStation Now can be accessed easily. Let us check the steps:
- Download the DS4Windows: By using your PS4 DS4 controller, you just need to install additional software on your Windows 10/8.1/7. This software will help to connect PS3 and PS4 controller on your PC. Download it from here.
- Once the download is complete, start the installation process. When you open the software for the first time, custom settings and profiles are asked. Ideally, you should select the default settings.
- Next, click “Install’’. Once the installation is complete, you will be able to use PS4 DualShock 4 controller on your Windows 10/8.1/7.
- Once you’re able to do so, set up a wired or wireless connection using a USB or Bluetooth to access the PS4 controllers easily on your Windows PC.
Connecting your PS3 and PS4 controllers to your Windows 10/8.1/7 PC is not a tough job. All you need is the right software; luckily many are available on the internet. These setups can also be done on your laptops. This is a great new way of gaming with top-notch graphics and access.
Related searches are the following:
Related searches are the following:
ps4 controller on ps3 home button,
ps4 controller on ps3 games,
ps4 controller on ps3 ps button,
ps4 controller on ps3 rumble,
how to exit game on ps3 with ps4 controller,
ps4 controller on ps3 ps button fix,
ps4 controller wont connect to ps3,
ps4 controller on ps3 headphones