How to Fix Windows 10 Can’t Connect to This Network: Everybody who uses a laptop or a desktop have at some point in time found the problem “Can’t connect to this Network”. This is a problem which generally arises when users are connected to the internet with some kind of LAN network or wireless network. If you are reading this, then definitely you are facing the problem of “Can’t connect to this Network” in your desktop or laptop and this blog will help you to solve the problem very easily. This issue of “Can’t connect to this Network” is very primary and it will be visible on your network connection option.
How to Fix Windows 10 Can’t Connect to This Network
Some of the users just plug out the LAN cable from their desktop or laptop and try plugging it back on or switching off the Wi-Fi and then switching it back on. Switching off the Wi-Fi router and then switching it back on sometimes works but if it doesn’t then users need to proceed to the advanced settings where users need to make some changes with the network address and also some changes in the network adapter.
Here are the steps that you need to follow in Windows 10 to fix the problem of “Can’t connect to this Network”
Solution 1 – Initial Try
If the users have a wireless router or a modem that they are using to stay connected to the internet, then they just need to switch it off and switch it on again after 5 minutes. Users can also try restarting the device. This will help the user to connect to their Internet Service Provider.
- Users need to then unplug the cord which supplies power to the router or modem. Users need to keep the modem switch off for some time. After 1-minute users can switch on the router or modem. If your router has a battery backup makes sure to remove the battery before switching the router off.
- The router or modem will take some time to restart and configure itself to the internet.
- Users can now turn on the desktop or laptop and they will be good to go. The internet will most probably start working fine.
Users can also view the Wi-Fi options of connectivity from the command program of their desktop or Laptop. All they need to do go to the taskbar and search for the application of Command Prompt. Users now need to right click on the Command Prompt and run the application on an administration mode. The command prompt application will open netshwlan. Once users press enters they will be able to get all the details for their Wi-Fi details.
Users will be able to check their internet connection with help of Packet. Users now need to check if the number of packets sent to the server is same as the number of packets received by the receiver. To check just type ipconfig and press enter in command prompt. This will help the users find the Internet protocol Address which is present there in the Default Gateway.
Solution 2 – Network Troubleshooter
Another easy way to troubleshoot network settings by users is with help of network settings.
- Users need to go to the search box of their taskbar in their window 10 and just type “network troubleshooter” and then go to the option of Identify and repair network problems from the list of search results.
- Follow the steps on screen by clicking next and repair the problems of the operating system
- If the problem still persists then go to the command prompt window and go on and type the following commands.
Type Netshwinsock reset and then press enter
Type netshintip reset and then press enter
Type ipconfig / release and then press enter
Type ipconfig / renew and then press enter
Type ipconfig / flushdns and then press enter
Solution 3 – Update and Rollback Network Adapter Driver
If after trying solution 1 and solution 2 the problem is still their then users need to update and rollback network adapter driver to solve the problem. Users need to follow the steps given below very carefully.
- Go to the taskbar and search for the device manager. Go to the device manager option from the search list.
- Users now need to go to device manager and click on network adaptors. Inside network adaptors, they will find network adaptor name.
- Users now need to right click on the option of Update Driver
- Once they click on it users will find an option to browse my computer for more driver updates. Users need to now browse their computer for update drivers. Now from the list look for the option update driver file from the computer and click on ok. You can now just follow the steps by clicking on next. Click on Update drivers and search automatically for updates and users will be good to go.
- The search will take a brief period of time to search for the available updates and once the search is complete the driver update will be downloaded and then installed. Once the whole process is done you just need to restart your PC or your Laptop and users will be good to go.
If the users are already connected to a pre-installed network driver, they will be able to easily roll back with help of the steps given below.
- Go to the Device manager and select the option of Device manager.
- Go to the option device manager and then go to network adaptors and then select the option of Network Adaptor name.
- Users now need to right click on the option of the adaptor.
- You can now go to Properties then the driver and rollback driver and follow the screen and restart the computer once you are done.
These are the steps which the users need to follow to fix the issue of “Can’t connect to this Network” in their Windows 10 laptop or desktop. Users should read the blog carefully before they follow the steps to fix the issue. The three solutions will help users solve the issue that they are facing.