If you are using the HP printer then a driver is the second most important thing for the user. Every printer needs its specific driver to communicate with a computer. One thing keeps in mind that driver should be compatible with your operating system as well. So please make sure you are using correct printer model number and correct operating system driver to avoid driver conflicting. If you are looking to search how to download HP printer drivers free, then you are at the right place. When you search for HP printer drivers online, please make sure you get the official driver for your system safe from the malware and viruses.
To download HP printer drivers, you are required to get your HP model name and the specific operating system that your PC is running.
Now next question comes to our mind, how to download hp printer drivers free? For the answer look into that below.
- Almost all HP printer drivers are built-in the operating system. The computer will pick up the drivers automatically when you connect it.
- Find printer driver in a CD which came with your HP printer.
- You can also download the driver from the HP website.
- Find and install printer driver using windows update.
Here is the complete download procedure of HP printer driver, you can refer following steps:
- Open the HP website. In software and drivers page, enter the printer model name.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you go to go the driver download page. Select the system to window 7 or window 10 then click the Update icon. If you using window 7 then it will automatically select for this window.
- Click the download button to HP printer drivers for windows 7 installer package, which always is an executable file.
After finishing the download, double-click on the file and follow the instructions to install the driver.
Step by step procedure for installation:
- Click on start and then click on device and printers.
- Then go on the left-top corner of the screen and find add a printer option, click add a printer.
- Now you got a printer setup wizard and then you have to choose from USB cable or wireless options that is displaying on the screen. Select USB cable option.
- Select the option “use an existing port” USB port and select USB001/USB002 and then click on next button.
- In the next window, you will get windows built-in driver list. Now choose printer model number driver and then click on next to install it.
- If there is any problem in the built-in-driver method then click window update and have a disk. If you download the free hp drivers for windows 10 from its official website, then have disk option and give the download driver path there. If you are not able to find the driver then you will have to press window update button to install the driver.
- After that, you get your HP printer driver for Windows 7 successfully installed for your window 7 OS.
Nowadays, laser printers are less expensive and much better in high quality. But one sad thing is when it comes to simplicity of use, they are awful. Because of all drivers for the printers comes with hundreds of MB in space. They also have complex setup workouts and required many steps to set up which are simply hard to understand for many customers. So we tried our best to provide the best available information for free hp printer drivers for windows 10 and made simple and easy to understand for the normal customer.