There are a number of link building techniques that are known to us. It is hard to keep a track of each of the technique and moreover not all the techniques are equally efficient enough. It depends on your niche and industry based on which you raise your search rankings by using only a few of the techniques consistently. This is why it is important that you be aware of the best link building techniques that you can use.
Speaking of link building, there is this one method that is popular than all the other techniques and is known as the broken link building. Today, in this particular article we are going to discuss everything important related to broken link building. If you are interested to learn more about this technique then you should go through this article once.
Broken Link Building: Extremely Useful Guide
Why broken link building?
A broken link is actually considered to be the best way of acquiring backlinks from authoritative reasons. There could be a plenty of reasons behind that. The main benefits are outlined below.
- Strictly white hat: There are a number of marketers who are known to make use of black and gray hat SEO practices in order to benefit themselves. What they fail to realize is that it is going to hamper the SEO performance in the long run. Sooner or later when Google is able to detect illegal link building from your website, it will make sure that your site is not ranked for the targeted keywords. But if you make use of broken link building, it will not penalize your website. This is one of the best white hat SEO technique that you can use. The best thing is that these links will bear positive results throughout.
- Reciprocity: The main purpose of broken link building is that it helps the website owner to work and improve their content by informing them about the broken links in the page. The best way to create important content is to link out to resources that will support your ideas. Most of the site owners are not aware of the broken links in their content and that is where the problem arises. It is mainly because checking for broken links is not on their priority list. The broken link building is of reciprocal nature. It allows the site owners to link out to important resources in order to benefit the readers and also to link builders so that backlinks can be acquired from authoritative sites.
How to perform a broken link building?
The process of broken link building has the potential to increase the effect of your campaign. The main objective here is to find the resource pages that are authoritative in nature. This will allow you to get the most out of each of the links that you will acquire with the help of this tactic.
Here the steps that you need to follow in order to launch a successful broken link building campaign:
- Identifying resource pages: The first thing that you need to do is identify a page on your website and once you are ready with it you need to decide on the right place on your page to drop the link.
- Search resource pages related to your niche: One thing that you need to keep in your mind is that your niche should be related to the topic that you are going to put on your page and want to build links to. Once you are done you are required to browse through the results in order to find is there are any pages that can be used for your broken link building campaign or not.
- Find broken links: Once you are ready with the resource page you are required to find the links that within the content that points to a 404 page. You can also make use of a tool in order to open the links. This will speed up the process. With the help of a tool, it will automatically identify the broken links. The tool will also make sure that the broken links are within your content so that you can later leverage it when you will plug in a link to your website.
- Recovering the error page: After identifying the error pages you are required to find out the location of the page. This will help you to know about the cached version of the page when it was online.
By following the steps mentioned above you can perform broken link building easily. Now that you know about the steps you may find the process easy.
After going through the details about broken link building, hopefully, now you have a good idea about what it is and how does it work.